Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
USL April programs calendar is available here. Like us on Facebook to receive library notifications, updates and upcoming events. Check out our April newsletter and sign up by clicking "Follow Upper Skagit Library" and entering your email address.
- Wi-Fi! We now have FREE WIFI internet service at the Marblemount Community Hall for all to use. No password. Simply park in the parking lot and you'll be able to connect to "Upper Skagit Library District."
- April Poetry Contest! To celebrate National Poetry Month in April the library is sponsoring a Poetry Contest to inspire awareness and practice of creative writing. The theme of the contest is “The Landscape of My Life” and a requirement is to write in the style of concrete poetry to incite your imagination. Skagit County residents are eligible to participate. There will be three categories: child, teen, and adult. One first place winner and one second place winner will be chosen from each category. Events include: April Poetry Book Exchange, “Leave a Book, Take a Book” and a Poetry Reading of the winning entries on April 25th, 3:30pm to 5pm at the Library. Entries accepted from April 1st to April 18th. Deadline is April 18th, 3pm. Download the submission guidelines and contest entry form. Or, pick up a copy of these documents at the library. Be creative and surprise us with your best work!
- Arts & Crafts! To celebrate Earth Day, the library will have a drop-in Arts & Crafts day on Saturday 25th, 10am-3pm. Everyone is welcome to participate.
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday May 2nd, 11-11:45am the topic is "Barnyard Banter!".
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, 10am to 11am. 30 to 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Every Saturday 9-10am in the library, bring your guitar.
- May 14th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle Reminder! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.