Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Richard Lee Harris! To celebrate poetry month, Richard Lee Harris will be coming to read from his latest book of poems, Alaska & Northwest: Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Washington, on Thursday evening April 24th, at 7pm. Help us in welcoming him back to his old hometown for a reading.
- Library Associate Position! The Upper Skagit Library is currently accepting applications for the position of Library Associate. This person will assist with ordering, cataloging and processing of materials, will assist patrons, will assist with developing budgets and monitoring expenditures, and requires computer skills and an interest in reader’s advisory. Must be detail orientated. Excellent customer service skills required. The position requires a bachelor’s degree and 3 or more years of library experience. Equivalent knowledge, skills, technical training, education or experience will be considered. Part-time, 25-30 hrs per wk, $14.00—16.60 per hour. The following documents are available to view and download position description and application. The documents are also available at Upper Skagit Library. Applications due by April 26.
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday May 3rd, 11-11:45am we will be reading "I Spy...".
- Arts & Crafts! To celebrate Earth Day, the library will have a drop-in Arts & Crafts day on Saturday April 26th, 11am-5pm. Everyone is welcome to participate.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Saturdays 10-11am in the library, bring your guitar.
- May 8th, 4pm Dream Library Committee, at the Library
- May 15th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Rockport Fire Hall.
- LEGOS! The Upper Skagit Library will be continuing its popular Legos at the Library program on April 25th, starting at 3:00pm.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle Reminder! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.