Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,800 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday May 7th, 11-11:45am the topic is "Growing Things!"
- April Poetry Contest 2016! The Upper Skagit Library will host it's April Poetry Contest 2016 in celebration of the 20th anniversary of National Poetry Month. The theme of the contest is “Change,” with a suggested Poem-a-Week challenge. April will include two events, “Slam into Change” Poetry Slam and a Poetry Reading of the winning contest entries. Open to all ages, skill levels, Skagit County residents eligible to participate. In partnership with Skagit River Poetry Festival and 5b’s Bakery. View Contest Guidelines here. View Entry Form here. Follow the Poetry Contest Facebook event page to receive updates and resources here. Contact info, email@example.com, 360.853.7939.
- Poetry Reading! April 30th, 3:30pm – 5pm, Upper Skagit Library: Winning contest poems will be read by the authors or contest representatives at a Poetry Reading Event, open to the public. Local writers will also be sharing their work. Skagit River Poetry Festival full admission prize will be awarded.
- Craft Friday! Craft Fridays at 5b’s Bakery occur the first Friday of each month, 6pm. Each month community members will sponsor a different craft. Call the 5b’s Bakery or the Upper Skagit Library for more information on this month’s craft. Open to all ages.
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every Friday, 10am to 11am, 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- May 12th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft Imagine Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft Imagine Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the Imagine Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft Imagine Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle! Upper Skagit Library Foundation has a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the beginning of 2016, 124 Upper Skagit Library District patrons participated in the survey. View the results here.