Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,800 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Summer Reading Program! This years Summer Reading program is called Get In The Game Read. Sign up for Summer Reading anytime during the summer starting June 14th. Read 800 minutes and submit your log by July 30th to be entered into a drawing for a special prize. Submit your reading log by August 31st to earn a paperback book. For more information visit the summer reading page or download the summer reading calendar. Like us on Facebook for updates and current events. Visit www.foskagitlibraries.com for a county-wide calendar of awesome Summer Reading events!
- Silly Saturday! Find 5 silly things in the library and win a small prize! For all ages. All day Saturdays June 18th-July 30th at the Library.
- Speaker Presentation! The Nitty Gritty of Garden Microclimate, Saturday June 25, 3:30 – 5pm, Concrete Center, 45821 Railroad Street, Concrete. Sheri Hunter, Master Gardener and author, will share how weather and climate affect gardens region wide and how the characteristics of backyard environments generate microclimates. Come away with a clearer understanding of a microclimate and how to garden according to this specific Skagit region. Questions? Contact us, 360.853.7939. View poster here.
- Cache In Concrete! Discover the history of Concrete on this outdoor, self-guided adventure! Fun for the whole family. Pick up a Cache in Concrete map at the library or any participating business, or print one out here. Complete the Cache Challenge and win a souvenir prize. Click here to follow Cache in Concrete on Facebook.
- Craft Friday! Craft Fridays at 5b’s Bakery occur the first Friday of each month, 6pm. Each month community members will sponsor a different craft. Call the 5b’s Bakery or the Upper Skagit Library for more information on this month’s craft. Open to all ages.
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every Friday, 10am to 11am, 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- July 14th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft Imagine Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft Imagine Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the Imagine Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft Imagine Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle! Upper Skagit Library Foundation has a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the beginning of 2016, 124 Upper Skagit Library District patrons participated in the survey. View the results here.