Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
USL June programs calendar is available here. Like us on Facebook to receive library notifications, updates and upcoming events. Check out our May newsletter and sign up by clicking "Follow Upper Skagit Library" and entering your email address.
- Thank you! Thank you to everyone who came by our Upper Skagit Library Foundation Book Sale at the Saturday Market last weekend. We earned $630. That's all because of you! Our volunteers who helped us set up, take down, sort books, and coordinate are so much appreciated. - especially Nancy and Steve Johnson for their ongoing dedication to the Foundation.
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday June 6th, 11-11:45am the topic is "Every Hero Has A Story!".
- Summer Reading Program! This years Summer Reading program is called Every Hero Has A Story. Sign up for Summer Reading anytime during the summer starting June 13th. Read 800 minutes and submit your log by July 31st to be entered into a drawing for a bike. Submit your reading log by August 29th to earn a paperback book. For more information visit the summer reading page or download the summer reading calendar. Library card is not required to participate.
- Annexation! Concrete Town Council has initiated the process of annexation into the Upper Skagit Library District. The issue will appear before Concrete voters on the general election ballot in November of 2015. Q&A available here.
- Silly Saturday! Find 5 silly things in the library and win a small prize! For all ages. All day Saturdays June 13th-July 25th at the Library.
- Super Crafts! Come get your super-craftiness on as we make cool hero-themed crafts. For all ages. Fridays June 26th-July 24th, 11-11:45am at the Library.
- Marblemount Market! Upper Skagit Library will have a table at the market June through September, 2nd Sundays of the month, 12-4pm. Bring your library card with you to the Marblemount Market and look for the library’s table. Browse the books we bring or special request the books you’d like and we’ll bring them with us to the market! If you check out a book at the Market, we’ll extend the due date an additional week so you can return the book to the Market as well. If you don’t have a library card, fill out an application form and we can mail the card to you.
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every Friday, 10am to 11am, 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Every other Saturday 9-10am in the library, bring your guitar.
- June 11th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.