Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
USL November programs calendar is available here. Like us on Facebook to receive library notifications, updates and upcoming events. Check out our November newsletter and sign up by clicking "Follow Upper Skagit Library" and entering your email address.
- Family Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. Saturday December 6st, 11-11:45am we will be reading about "Wishes".
- Food & Book Drive! USL is having a Winter Food and Book Drive through December. The library is now collecting non-perishable food plus kids and teen books for the Concrete and The Bread of Life (Marblemount) Food Banks. Along with picking up food at the banks, folks can also browse through books for the youngsters during this holiday season. Gently used kids and teen books are appreciated. We will deliver items on Dec 16th and Dec 30th or 31st.
- T’ai Chi Chih® Course! Learn the 19 gentle movements and 1 pose, called T’ai Chi Chih®, that make up this moving meditation that stimulates, circulates and balances the vital energy within us known as Chi. Laurie Thomas, Accredited T’ai Chi Chih® Teacher and Library Board member, is offering this 8 week course as a Fundraiser for the Library’s New Building. More information is available here.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Saturdays November 1st, 15th and 29th, 10-11am in the library, bring your guitar.
- November 28th, library will be closed in observance of Thanksgiving day.
- November 20th, 4pm public budget hearing, at the Library.
- November 20th, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle Reminder! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.