Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,800 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Storytime! Families with young children are invited to join us for stories, songs and a simple craft. First and Third Friday of the month, September through May, at 12pm.
- Upper Skagit Writes Is Back! Sharpen your pencils. For the month of November, the Upper Skagit Library District will present its second annual Upper Skagit Writes (USW) program, a 30-day writing challenge in conjunction with National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to inspire creativity, imagination, and engage all ages in the practice of daily writing and reflection. Beginning November 1st, join the challenge as we write self-directed every day for the entire month. Choose any writing genre or try a new one. All ages and skill levels are encouraged to participate. Participants will be encouraged to reflect and share their writing during two events throughout the month. Program features include the library as an official “Come Write In” space, Word-of-the-Day, and events hosted by Upper Skagit Writers Group. View Program Guidelines here. View poster here.
- Cache In Concrete! Discover the history of Concrete on this outdoor, self-guided adventure! Fun for the whole family. Pick up a Cache in Concrete map at the library or any participating business, or print one out here. Complete the Cache Challenge and win a souvenir prize. Click here to follow Cache in Concrete on Facebook.
- Craft Friday! Craft Fridays at 5b’s Bakery occur the first Friday of each month, 6pm. Each month community members will sponsor a different craft. Call the 5b’s Bakery or the Upper Skagit Library for more information on this month’s craft. Open to all ages.
- Tutoring! Do you need to brush up on basic computer skills? Need help with a resume or cover letter? Having trouble with a job application? We now offer one-on-one tutoring for these concerns. Every Friday, 10am to 11am, 60 minute sessions. Appointment Required. Sign up today by calling us, 360-853-7939, or stop in and we’ll get you signed up.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar & Ukulele Class! Every Saturday from 9-10am. Classes will be held in the library. Bring your own instrument. Sign-up required.
- November 17th, 5pm public budget hearing followed by regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Microsoft Imagine Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft Imagine Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the Imagine Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft Imagine Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle! Upper Skagit Library Foundation has a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the beginning of 2016, 124 Upper Skagit Library District patrons participated in the survey. View the results here.