Upper Skagit Library
Located in the historic town of Concrete, Washington, the Upper Skagit Library District serves over 4,000 people in eastern Skagit County.
- Library Newsletter! Follow the link to check out our July newsletter and sign up by clicking "Follow Upper Skagit Library" and entering your email address. Receive updates on our new arrivals, community programs, and more. Enjoy our updates each month and thank you for supporting us!
- Summer Reading Program! "Fizz, Boom, READ!" summer reading program continues. Sign up for Summer Reading anytime during the summer. Read 800 minutes and submit your log by August 1st to be entered into a drawing for a bike. Submit your reading log by August 29th to earn a paperback book. For more information visit the summer reading page or download the summer reading calendar.
- Marblemount Market! Upper Skagit Library will have a table at the market June 8th through September, 2nd Sundays of the month, 12-4pm. Bring your library card with you to the Marblemount Market and look for the library’s table. Browse the books we bring or special request the books you’d like and we’ll bring them with us to the market! If you check out a book at the Market, we’ll extend the due date an additional week so you can return the book to the Market as well. If you don’t have a library card, fill out an application form and we can mail the card to you.
- Knit & Crochet with Sylvia! Tuesdays 5-8pm in the conference room.
- Guitar Classes! Saturdays 10-11am in the library, bring your guitar.
- July 31st, 4pm Dream Library Committee, at the Library.
- August 21st, 5pm regular board meeting, at the Library.
- Lego Challenge! The Upper Skagit Library will be continuing its popular Legos at the Library program on July 25th, starting at 3:00pm.
- Microsoft IT Academy! We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic, advanced computer skills in general. All of the online training included in the IT Academy program is free. Come to the library to receive instructions and help on how to get started with Microsoft IT Academy. Detailed instructions are available here.
- Boopsie! Now you can download Boopsie for Library’s app on to your smartphone or tablet. The app provides mobile access to our catalogs, library location, hours and more.
- Recycle Reminder! Friends of the Upper Skagit Library have a box at the Library to collect inkjet cartridges, cell phones and small electronics for recycling. Visit Planet Green Recycle website.
- Survey! In the fall of 2012, 59 people filled out the comprehensive Upper Skagit Library Survey. View the results here.